The Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission
The Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission works to help the parish proactively collaborate with other faith traditions in prayer and action. Through the work of the Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission we strive seek a deeper understanding of our faith through the understanding of other faith perspectives and engaging in collaborative efforts.
As a commission we:
- Support and assist with community interfaith projects
- Explore opportunities to incorporate interfaith education and action in youth formation
- Ensure that interfaith and ecumenical concerns are included regularly in the Prayers of the Faithful
- Provide educational experiences twice annually to other local churches/congregations with feedback to the parish
- Participate quarterly in Habitat for Humanity building days
- Seek to strengthen our engagement with ecumenical and interfaith organizations
The ministry of the Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission can be broad and expansive, working with others to promote a strong, interwoven faith community that expresses the best of all our faith traditions. There is much that can be done and much to learn from each other.
If you are interested in being a part of St. Leoís Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission, please contact Rick Samyn at 253.272.5136 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.