Lantry is Leaving!
We all know that beloved Fr. Steve Lantry is leaving St. Leo at the end of June. We are having a season of goodbye: June 6th is a Praying with Poetry tribute in the Church; June 16th is his big going away bash in the Bix; and June 23/24 are his last Masses. If you would like to contribute to his farewell events and gifts, please find a yellow envelope at the Ye Olde Wooden Box. You can throw it in the collection or the wooden box. Any moneys collected above cost will be forwarded to Fr. Steve. The gifts presented will be:
- Handmade humidor for his cigars
- Funds for a 6-week road trip
- A stole handmade by the kids in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- A Brix for the Bix brick acknowledging these special years with Steve
- A set of prayer shawls for him to use for anointings in his new parish
The *big* gift will be the naming of the Bix plaza: “The Poetry Plaza” dedicated to Fr. Steve Lantry for his gift of praying with verse. A plaque will be made and presented at his party.
You have loved our friend and pastor so well all these years and he will be greatly touched by your care and well wishes in his final days as pastor. If you have questions, please contact Pastoral Associate Anne Tropeano.